TheMapPinJunkie

TheMapPinJunkie

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Guatemala City - Business Travel And Time For A Little Fun!

I've been out of the loop the past couple weeks as I prepared for, and traveled to some client meetings in Guatemala City, Guatemala but am back from a successful week of meetings, albeit a little worn out from 9 crazy days of near-constant work.

I was lucky enough to visit Guatemala before but was limited to the northern part of the country, near Peten and Tikal. So, I was looking forward to seeing the capital city this time and it did not disappoint. I stayed at the Westin Camino Real in Zone 10 and the limited time I did have, I walked around enjoying the architecture and friendly people of the city. Of course, the highlight was getting amazing Guatemalan coffee everywhere I went. So good!

The trip was definitely focused on business, so I didn't get to see as much as I wanted to, but was treated to an evening in Antigua, about an hour from the city center. As always, I took my trusty little micro 4/3 camera and, wow, am I glad I did! Every turn was a photo opportunity in Antigua. I hope I can go back and take 'he who shall not be named' for a week in Antigua to climb La Horqueta (the collection of volcanoes there). Here are a few of my favorite shots from the evening.
Peace, love, and travel!

Beauty shot of Volcan Agua
 
Looking at Volcan Agua from ground level

Catedral de San Jose, in the center square of Antigua

No comments:

Post a Comment