TheMapPinJunkie

TheMapPinJunkie

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Travel Tip - Food In-transit or How to Avoid Succumbing to the Hungry Monster During Travel


Creating and collecting travel tips is a hobby of mine. I talk to other travelers to find out what they do to make the journey or destination the best it can be. Any tip I post here will be one that I've tried and vetted. Real-word experience is the only way it gets posted.

Today's travel tip centers around food (maybe because I'm hungry) and whether you are a picky eater (like me) or will consume anything, it's always a good idea to take your own snacks on the plane. It's less of a cost thing and more of a convenience and preference thing for me.

Personally selected snacks mean that I will always have something available if my vegetarian meal doesn't get to me on the plane, if I find myself rattling through the jungle with nothing but goat jerky available, or if I arrive at my destination so late that nothing is open except a kebab stand.

For healthy options, I take almonds, dried fruit, Quest bars & a refillable water bottle.
Travel tip - Take your own snacks on the plane. For healthy options, I take Quest bars, almonds, dried fruit & a refillable water bottle.
My water bottle of choice is the Platypus (shown below in red). Collapsible, BPA-free, and durable it looks slightly like an IV bag if you get it in clear instead of a color which makes it quite the conversation starter. It is a lot tougher than it looks and has survived lots of trips being shoved at the bottom of a bag, overfilled, and run over (only once).  Check it out, here.



















What are your snacks of choice? Have you found anything unique that keeps well on the road? Tell me about it in the comments.

Peace, love, and travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment