TheMapPinJunkie

TheMapPinJunkie

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Ukulele - A Hobby to Come Home To

I travel a lot and when I am not on the road, I enjoy spending time with my dog, cooking for 'he who shall not be named', reading, and watching movies. Lately, though, I've wanted to try something new.

I was in a hotel room, it was late night, and I found myself browsing Amazon. The next thing I new, I'd purchased a cheap soprano ukulele.

As of yesterday it has been 2 months since I started playing and I am in love! I could wax poetic about the joy I feel when plinking out a simple tune, but I won't bore you. Instead I will bore you with photos of my new tenor ukulele. I can't believe it took me so long to discover this joyful little thing. I will never be a Jake Shimabukuro but I now have another way to spend my free time that keeps me grinning like an idiot the whole time I am playing. Now, I just need to find one that is small enough to fit in my laptop bag!

Dulcinea (soprano) and Rogelio (tenor)
 Diego and Rogelio, getting to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment